With twenty days until my wedding day, I find myself deluged with anxiety. I never was the starry-eyed wedding planning type, but somehow marrying a divorcee was never part of my "plan." As I sit here, wondering what the eff I'm getting myself into I can't seem to focus on any of the good stuff. I'm writhing in self-pity, feeling like the silver medalist. The dreaded Second Wife. The proverbial Evil Stepmom.
But what of the stuff that made me choose this guy in the first place?
What's a girl to do?
Chug a couple of Guinness and begin writing my wedding vows, that's what.
First sentence: " I ____________ marry you ____________ with my eyes wide open."
*Ding.*
Time to start a blog.
This Second Wife/Evil Stepmom gig ain't gonna be easy. Might as well enlist the virtual support of the inter-web.
Ahh, the glory of technology.
Welcome to Eyes Wide Open. My little contribution to taking up space on the web. It may be narcissistic, it may be bitter, it may be laced with profanity and it may be dripping with Irish stout. But gosh darnit, it's mine.
5 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment