
for a 12 year old, no?
I was helping The Kid with some homework the other day, and this was an assignment he had to write for one of his classes.
Can't read his incredibly neat (ha!) handwriting? I'll translate:
When I was younger my parents divorced. I thought they would get back together eventually. Although they never did I know there still happy without each other. And I'm happy too.
The Husband was very taken aback when he saw this. He said The Kid never talks about the divorce so he didn't think The Kid thought about it much. It was a good reminder to him to give The Kid an outlet to talk about the pain of his parents divorce (or even, just about the divorce period), if needed. It was also a good reminder to us that despite all the bad days, we must be doing something right (and I do mean all of us) because The Kid is happy.
I'm so lucky to have this kid.
I'm so lucky to have this kid.


7 comments:
Wow. That is great. That will help you get thru the bad times.
I hope you have a scrapbook for that one. He seems like a really sweet kid.
That's really great that the kid is able to write about it, as well as what was written. I don't know if the boys have ever had a chance to talk about it - and I've let them know that it's ok to if they ever feel the need too.
That is so sweet!! It brought tears to my eyes!
I agree with Pretend Mommy, but I'd add - photocopy it and keep it in your wallet to refer to when you're having a bad day!
I'm having a bad day today and all that is keeping me going is remembering my youngest stepboy giving me a spontaneous cuddle last time I saw him.
That great that you SS feels that way, and that he is able to write it down instead of keeping everything inside.
I think it takes a while for Kids to accept that their parents are happier apart, even though they still love them.
wow, i was just thinking about how my son might be affected in ways that we don't know. kids have such a hard time verbalizing their feelings - i think it's amazing that he was able to do this... and more, that he felt secure enough to do it with you.
Post a Comment