04 August 2009

Don't Miss This!!!


The ever-brilliant Wednesday Martin on NPR.

A Stepmother's View

Get the podcast if you can't listen live. But really don't miss it!

Be sure to check the comments at the bottom of the linked page. There's always an interesting discussion there.

4 comments:

Eyes Wide Open said...

From the WBUR site, a comment left by a stepchild:

I understand that some people have had terrible experiences, but to paint all stepparents as evil is a terribly simplified view of the situation, and ignores other sources of conflict, such as the biological parents and the kids themselves.
Posted by Jeremy, on August 4th, 2009 at 11:55 am EDT

Brings tears to my eyes!

Life of a Stepmama said...

Listening to the show now, read all of the comments. I was shocked/sad to read what some adults wrote about their stepkid experiences. It really makes you realize unless all parties are willing to work together Dad, Stepkids, BM, and stepmom or at least respect eachother there isn't much you can do. I support us stepmothers out there!! Glad we are finally getting some air time!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the alert on this. I just went to the site and read some of the comments. Why do I feel like I should be waving a placard yelling into a bullhorn behind a police line? Yikes, people really let lose sometimes. I am so grateful for women like Wednesday Martin do thing hard work, getting out there and challenging all the stereotypes.

Anonymous said...

I listened. The written comments are horrible, compared to the positive callers. It was refreshing to hear stepmoms painted in a positive light. I may just go buy her book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails