
And my most sincere apologies for being so tardy in accepting it!
I've been away, with no access to the internet (because that's how I like my vacations!) and then, I had much catching up to do. Thank you, ladies, for the recognition.
Rules of the game? List five obsessions and share the love with five other blogs.
So....
I am obsessed with:
COFFEE, like mean stepmom. I love love love the taste of it, consider a steaming-hot mug the perfect afternoon snack and turn into a dragon if I don't get my morning cup(s). In fact, every job I've taken has been conveniently located next to a coffee shop. However, I do not like iced coffee. Hot only.
THE OCEAN. I grew up on a sailboat and fancied myself a mermaid until roughly age 8 (Splash anyone?). I love the sound of the ocean, the smell of the salty air and even the, er, creative hairstyles a week at the beach produces. I could never ever live far from the ocean.
DOCUMENTARIES. Don't get me wrong, I love goofy movies, intense dramas and the occasional zombie flick. But doccos take the cake. I watch at least one a week. Most recently watched: Cocaine Cowboys. Very good; I recommend.
BEETHOVEN. Always my favorite composer, when I saw the movie Immortal Beloved, I fell in love. Maybe my image of Gary Oldman as The Maestro himself isn't exactly accurate, but that doesn't make the music affect me any less.
MY BEACH CRUISER. There's nothing like riding around on a cheerily-colored single speed with wide handlebars to make your worries melt away. I feel like a kid again, even if I'm riding to the pub. I hate winter primarily because I cannot ride my cruiser down the icy streets. It is one of my most favorite activities.
AND
I would like to pass this award on to:
Stepmom in Transition - she just started her blog last week and I can't wait to follow her journey "from being a crazy 20 something year old to *poof* stepmomma."
The Evil Stepmom - another new blogger who I just discovered. She's trying so hard to co-parent, even to the point of vacationing together(!), and writes about the inevitable bumps along the way.
F8hasit - she describes herself as "easygoing and optimistic." I describe her as thought-provoking and insightful. And witty as all get out. I always love her posts.
Confessions of a Psuedo-Stepmom - an incredible stepmom trying so hard to do what's absolutely best for her partner's kids. Amy where are you??? I miss you!!!
Confessions of a Mad Professor - I love her quotes, and I love her posts. And I want her to invite me over to her new house, so I'm hoping this award is my in.
Thanks for the great blogs ladies! You make my workdays fly by ;)


8 comments:
Congratulations on your award and to all the new winners! You deserve it!
Good to have you back EWO!
LBM xxx
I had no idea you were so popular. :)
congrats - you deserve it! Nice to see you posting again.
Congratulations on the award! I hope you had a lovely vacation, and that it involved SLEEP, for you and everyone else. I grew up near the water and on the water. I don't think I could live in a place where I couldn't get to open water in less than half an hour. I'm off to check out your bloggie friends now. Cheers! - G
Love your 5 obsessions. Are you possitive we aren't related?
:-)
And Thank YOU for the award! (and compliment...I'm blushing) I will treasure this!
And get to finding out which obsessions I have that I should put into print!
Nancy
Congratulations on the award! I'm so glad I found your blog. I'd love it if you'd visit mine, too.
Your photographs are wonderful, as are the quotes! Thanks for a great post.
Congratulations!!
Thanks so much! I will be sure to carry on and play by the rules and list my obsessions!
Congrats on the award! If you like Beethoven, listen to moonlight sonata, I love it :)
Post a Comment