26 April 2010

Goodbye...Hello...


Goodbye
waking up at 6 am to the sound of zombies getting blown up on the xBox...Hello pulling teeth to get you out of bed before noon...

Goodbye
walking down the street with you...Hello walking down the street twenty feet behind you (while you pretend you have no idea who I am)...

Goodbye
doing what you're told...Hello talking back...

Goodbye chocolate all over your face...Hello blackheads all over your face...

Goodbye temper tantrums...Hello mood swings...

Goodbye to ice cream solving all the world's problems...Hello realizing that the people you trust aren't as perfect as they let on...

Goodbye little boy...Hello young man.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Ahh..isn't puberty fun? :)

Amy said...

Goodbye to cute little boy - hello to teenage monster. LOL

Once you figure out the lingo- teens are actually a lot of fun. And you don't get woken up early anymore. You just need to invest in dynamite. ;)

Anonymous said...

An all too familar story... ;)

Life of a Stepmama said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they grow up? Sounds like a whole new life you all are embarking on...hopefully he can wake up at a decent hour! I am already worried about the teenage years, can't wait to hear more about it!

Anonymous said...

Awww....teenagers!! ;)

We've got one of those right now and an 11 year old that thinks he is a teenager and needs to act like his brother.

Hang in there...it has to get better, right?!?!

Anonymous said...

oh...p.s. I have the giveaway up on my blog

Anonymous said...

Well said! As soon as I read the first few lines, I thought of my 14year old son! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails