23 November 2010

Long Time No Blog


Honestly, I just haven't had the energy to devote any time to this weblog lately. When I started writing, this place was the best area for me to vent my frustrations and share my joys.
But lately, I have felt nothing but frustration. And I don't think it's fair to only share frustration.
In a nutshell, my life has been completely turned upside down.
I've still been the primary caregiver for The Kid (a la my last post). But there's more to that.....
The Kid threatened suicide to a friend at school. After much hullabaloo, he's now in counseling and living with us full-time. He seems to be doing better, and we're doing everything we can to be supportive.
We have also been having some serious problems with our house (we are renters - buying at coastal New England prices isn't in the cards for us right now) which may force us to move right smack in the middle of the holidays. Awesome.
Oh, and I'm pregnant again. But please, no congratulations (however, do go give some hearty congrats to Life of a Stepmama who is due just two days after me!). Though we saw a heartbeat at our first scan, the embryo is measuring very very small, and we were given a 50% chance that it would stick around. I go back in one week to see if it has grown or if I'll need to schedule another D&C. If this one doesn't stick, I'm back on birth control. I really can't do this anymore. Especially not with The Kid walking around as a reminder that is, in fact, me who is the problem.
I am mentally and physically exhausted, so of course interacting here on the interweb has been furthest from my mind. Please know that even if I haven't been commenting, I have been reading and you are all in my thoughts.

14 comments:

Life of a Stepmama said...

Sounds like you have more than your fair share right now to deal with. I don't blame you for not blogging, that would be the furthest thing from my mind as well. You do deserve a congratulations and I am really hoping that little baby starts to grow. I can't imagine what you are going through, it has to be one if not the hardest things to have to experience. Know you are not alone and I am hear if you need me. I will keep sending you positive vibes and know you will be in my thoughts. Keep me posted about your next appointment. Enjoy your holiday and hopefully you can get some good "you" time in there. Try not to stress although I know thats impossible. Feel free to email me whenever, I am always avaiable!!

Shutterbug Mama said...

I am sending tons of positivity and prayers to your family and your little womb. I hope everything turns out ok. We are hear for you if you need us.

www.shutterbugmama2010.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, lots of changes going on. I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Keep us posted when you can.

Anonymous said...

I understand your need to think practically in order to have some mental self-preservation going on. How about if I do some hoping and get excited for you?! That's what I'll do!! Please know that my friend gave birth to a three pound little boy in August who measured small her ENTIRE pregnancy. Two weeks in the hospital and now he couldn't be more perfect. In fact he was sporting quite the dapper turkey hat in church on Sunday ; )

As far as the boy, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers in that regard too!! I cannot even imagine...

Sometimes_Carol said...

Praying for you, the Kid & the litte one you're carrying... also for your housing situation.. what a rough time of year for housing!!

((hugs))

Urban Earthworm said...

I am so sorry to hear about all of that. I would like to offer all the positivity and support I can.

Best of luck with the move (among other things). That sucks, but it is at least one thing you can exert a little control over.

Amy said...

Praying for you hon. Best wishes

The Step In Mom. . . said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family. I am sorry to hear that the Kid is having so much trouble, but luckily he had a good friend there who did the right thing, and now he is getting help.

Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed things get better soon - it's obviously been such a hard time.

Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and sending prayers that things start to float on a bit more of an even keel soon. I've always appreciated you and your blog for the honesty here. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself. I think us SM's are all very familiar with the feeling of being burned out. Just know that you are not alone. Big hugs. - G

Kalle said...

Sending lots of prayers and hugs to you.

dragonflymama said...

Just thinking of you. Hoping you are well today :)

Kela said...

EWO,

Don't be discouraged; you'll get through this and having a baby will happen when and if it's supposed to. When I was 16, I was diagnosed with endometriosis and the doctor said I would either never get pregnant or carrying that child to term would be nearly impossible, although carrying my 13 year old to term was extremely difficult, it clearly wasn't impossible. About 2 years ago, I found out I had a huge fibroid on my uterus AND the scar tissue from the endometriosis had built up. Again, they told me that getting pregnant would be next to impossible BUT 8 months ago, I had another beautiful baby boy! I saw all this to say that doctors aren't always right. Don't be discouraged and the best thing you can do for your mental health AND to have a healthy pregnancy is to try your best to stay stress free! Please take care of YOU! It's another healthier way to prove how tough you are. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

~Kela

Related Posts with Thumbnails