17 September 2009

Disappearing Act


It seems I've pulled a disappearing act on this here blogosphere, minus my regularly scheduled Quotable Sunday posts.

There have been a lot of goings-on, but that's for another post. Or, maybe not for the blogosphere at all.

An update:

Since starting school, The Kid has been sleeping regularly. He claims it is because when he closes his eyes every night, he sees Eva, the new girl in his class with whom he is madly in love (unbeknownst to her, of course). Whatever the reason, we're psyched at this whole sleeping thing. At least it broke his whole pattern of, "But I CAN'T sleep." He even said he was tired and put himself to bed before bedtime the other night!

I found out The Ex recently dated a man with three kids and a psycho ex wife. The ex wife terrorized her, blamed her for breaking up a marriage that was legally finished years before they met and tried to turn the kids against her. She couldn't deal and broke it off. Kar-ma. Oh yah, and hahahahaahaaa!

I need a butler and a maid. The butler to greet me at the door with a tray of premium cocktails and the maid to clean up after my drunk ass.

The Kid told me I was one of his best friends over dinner the other night. It was music to my ears.

He's been over a lot lately, which is awesome for him and his dad. And for me; I love having him here. This is the first time in the 5 years since the divorce that he's been allowed at our house during school nights. We're feeling pretty proud that we've proven ourselves to be responsible in the face of our worst critic. But seriously, do teenage boys eat anything besides spaghetti?



Now that things seems to be righting themselves on our front, I hope to be back to posting regularly.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. Missed you!

I am happy things are getting smoother. And the "Best friends" compliment? Totally awesome.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm happy you are back. And so glad to hear that the Kid is sleeping again! - G

The Grown-Up Child said...

Glad to hear things are smoothing out. I need a butler and maid too! I wish for them daily.

La Belle Mere said...

Great news that the kid is sleeping again. I bet that's made a difference to your mood to, getting a decent night's sleep??

Oh, and LOVIN the BM's karmic retribution. Perhaps she'll be a little more sensitive now as a result!

LBM x

The Step In Mom. . . said...

That is great that she got a taste of her own medicine, but I am sure it won't teach her a darn thing.

I am glad to hear the Kid is sleeping again. Mine doesn't WANT to go to sleep even though he needs to, and is tired and cranky.

f8hasit said...

Ya gotta love the ol' "what goes around comes around."

My ex (who I left because of his infidelities) married his mistress. They got a divorce because of her infidelities. And then he cried and whined at how hurt he was....

Please.

:-)

Courtney said...

Hey! I just finished reading your past posts. I'm facing the proposition of becomming a stepmom and came across your blog. You're very insightful and I appreciate the candidness. I'm trying to learn from the experiences of others so I can hopefully charter these waters reasonably well. Thanks, and I'll be reading!!!

Life of a Stepmama said...

Awe that is so cute, love that he called you his best friend. He sounds adorable. What a great kid you must be so proud of him. I told the BF about your BM's psycho ex wife. We both laughed, love karma. That is awesome!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails