
In ancient Egypt, the dead were preserved by a process of:
1. Removing everything but the heart.
2. Yanking the brain out through the nose and tossing away.
3. Covering the body from head to toe in bandages.
4. Fitting with appropriate mask.
They were mummified.
Minus the, y'know, carcass, don't you think becoming a stepmom has many similarities?
Ladies, we've been mommified.


10 comments:
Gruesome if you think about it, but kinda true... at least some days.
Most days I feel as if it's my heart that was removed through my nose, with the brain left behind to think about it.
:-)
I think my SS thinks they took my heart also.... if he only knew...
Sometimes I do feel like a shell, taking up space but not doing anything particularly useful. And of course, there is always the mask too... - G
HA. Re: Step 2 - I regularly tell the kids that every time they ask me a question, I lose more memory space. It's the only possible explanation.
@f8hasit Hah!!! I think that might be a better interpretation!
I think you have a point.
How true is that?!? There are some days I feel so constrained and brain mushy. Ugh! I like to think I look better doing it though than a mummy. He he.
HAHA! My brain does feel like it has been ripped out through my nose! :)
So true, I too feel like a shell somedays or think others expect us to act like one instead of showing how we really feel.
Another major similarity is that mummy is one letter off from mommy, much like a stepmom is close but not quite the mom.
Post a Comment