
I did it. I changed my name. I am officially Mrs. X.
It was so easy, almost too easy. I probably could've changed it to Captain Crankybutt without a hitch.
I did have a little twinge after it was all said and done. I'll miss having the same last name as my sisters, but they'll likely change their last names upon marriage too. I did think about how I'm not the first Mrs. X. But I reminded myself that I am the only Mrs. X.
This was a surprise to The Husband. The look on his face when he realized I took his name was priceless. It made him so happy, and that made me happy.
So I will rest comfortably knowing that yesterday was just a crappy day, not the Universe sending me warnings. All is right...for now.


3 comments:
Congrats Mrs. X :)
It's much less complicated to have the same name, especially if you are dealing with children who share the same last name. I think you chose wisely.
Congratulations! I like having the same last name as my husband, too. It feels cozy!
Thanks guys! It'll take some getting used to...but I actually like the sound of it better than my maiden name. I still haven't got used to calling him my husband. At the bank today I was talking about my boyfriend and the rep asked, "How does your husband feel about that?" Oops!
Post a Comment