26 June 2009

Wishing and Hoping

I feel like I have been a big person in this whole Divorce Debacle, as most stepmoms (and second wives) do. Though the proper course of action is never certain in these circumstances, I think I have navigated well in the long run. I have chosen to forgive and, above all, I am happy with my family.

The biggest thing, maybe even the only thing, that I feel like I'm missing is an apology. I really, really, really want The Ex to admit she (royally) fucked up and I really, really, really, really want her to say, "I'm sorry I did that."

This simple act would alleviate my aggravation at the Father's Day text messages and the other little things. These few words would expedite my forgiveness process more than anything else. I can't demand she say it. I can't even expect her to say it. I don't expect her to say it.

I just wish she would.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your expectations may be set a bit high. Ex's don't ever say "I'm sorry" because they (think they) are always right.

Eyes Wide Open said...

Oh I don't expect her to apologize! It would just be really nice...and very helpful in the healing process (for everyone, I think).

dragonmctt said...

Having been on the receiving end of such an apology from an ex, let me assure you it is worthless, and the moment it leaves her lips it will be forgotten and behaviors will continue. You are wishing for an empty pot of gold. You aren't missing anything.

Related Posts with Thumbnails