
We were riding in the car Friday night to run an errand when The Kid clears his throat and says, "So, now that you're married..."
I got that fluttery stomach feeling, racking my mind for the appropriate answer to the awkward question I was sure to follow (he is, after all, almost 13).
Deep breath in.
"...can I call your brother Uncle?"
That was it?!? I almost started laughing out loud.
"Of course you can. I'm sure he would love that."
"Awesome!" he exclaims from the back seat. "He's sooooo cool, I love my Uncle!"
Admittedly, I feel slightly used. I thought The Kid supported our marriage because he liked me. But, it makes me so happy to know that our marriage has expanded the circle of love around him. It's nice to know we have a family he wants to be a part of. I guess it's just nice to know we are a family.


4 comments:
Hi there- just checking out your blog. can't wait to read more:)
Oh yeah, and welcome to the stepmommy internet club- It's a cool place to hang out.
Thanks for the welcome! I'm pretty sure this stepmom internet club is going to help me keep my sanity on "those days." It is a cool place to hang indeed.
Cheers!
Congrats on your wedding and welcome to the wonderful world of stepmotherhood. I'm looking forward to reading more from you.
Post a Comment