
I recognized, after my last post, that though it is nice to gloat every once in a while (especially after having been through the ringer) I really need to let go of these grievances I hold and move on. I remembered a book I had read about, maybe on another stepmom blog, called Forgive for Good.
And I thought, "I should really read that."
So I left my office and, as I was driving to the local library to pick up the book I drove by The Ex's father, who was picking up The Kid from school. Usually this is an awkward situation (it happens rather frequently), where I want to wave because I'm excited to see The Kid but I don't know how grandpa will react (his involvement in the past drama has left emotional scars on both The Husband and I). Much to my astonishment, grandpa smiled and waved.
To me, this is proof positive that the energy you put into the universe reflects directly on your life. I want to forgive and move on, I made a move, however small, to accomplish this goal and I get a smile and wave for the first time ever.
"I am the owner of my karma .
I inherit my karma.
I am born of my karma.
I am related to my karma.
I live supported by my karma.
Whatever karma I create, whether good or evil, that I shall inherit."
-The Buddha
I inherit my karma.
I am born of my karma.
I am related to my karma.
I live supported by my karma.
Whatever karma I create, whether good or evil, that I shall inherit."
-The Buddha


No comments:
Post a Comment