
This weekend, I had the first kidless weekend in years. Granted it was also a husbandless weekend because he double-booked himself and was out of town for work.
Regardless, I loved it!!!
It was amazing to lay in bed until whenever, to walk down to the cafe for a late breakfast, to have my friends over late for "adult beverages," to curse at will and to revel in all the other freedoms of a kid-free life. The freedoms I was used to for the first twentysomething years of my life.
Though I love the kid, I didn't miss him this weekend. Not. At. All. I admitted this factoid only to myself but still, I feel a little guilty. Like somehow I'm betraying our relationship because I didn't miss him. Like something's wrong with me because I didn't miss him.
As I sit here watching him play video games and eat takeout (the whole kid-free thing got to my head, and there is no way I was cooking spaghetti again tonight), I'm happy he's here now.
Phewwwfff. I'm not a heartless bitch. But I probably won't tell The Husband that I didn't miss his kid nopenotatallnotonelittlebit this weekend, just in case he takes it the wrong way.


5 comments:
I would not worry about that AT all. It doesn't make you a heartless cow. It makes you normal. You're not his bio-mum so why would you miss him like that? You're somebody who's taken him, and all the work that comes with him, on and was grateful for a break! Also, you knew he would be coming back so I think any of us would have made the most of it in your shoes!!!
B xxx
Glad you got to enjoy your weekend, sounds amazing!! I have already forgotten what that life is like!! Only 2 1/2 more weeks and I will be back to that life.....part of it makes me happy, part of it makes me sad. I think the big part of it was that you knew he was coming back! Even bio-parents want and need the break! You deserve it!
I understand this COMPLETELY. I feel like a cold bitch sometimes in thinking these things but sometimes, it is nice to have a weekend to do whatever I want and not worry about the kids. I think that is perfectly normal, especially for us stepmoms who deal with not only the kid stuff but everything else that goes along with it.
It's so nice to hear that at least 3 other people don't think I'm going straight to Hell.
I'll make up for my fun with a kid-full weekend next weekend. AY!
I am SO jealous! I would die for a kidless, husbandless weekend. And I would not miss a one of them. For even a second.
Post a Comment