02 July 2009

On Edge


I just found out today that The Ex's relationship with her boyfriend recently ended.

I don't know the details, and I don't want to. All I know is that she was falling for him. She had finally introduced him to The Kid. She felt like this was going somewhere, and now it's over.

And I'm terrified. When she's not lucky in love, we're not lucky in anything. Now that she no longer has someone to occupy her, what is in store for The Husband and I?

I hate that I have to walk on eggshells when she has a bad day. I hate that her moods affect our life. I hate that she can have this much of an impact on me. Sometimes, I even think I hate her.

Maybe nothing will come of this. Maybe she'll work through the hurt of the end of this relationship like a normal, fully-functioning human being. But her track record has convinced me to expect the worst. I'm on edge.

I'm anxious. I can't eat. My stomach is in knots. What's she gonna pull? Will it be obsessive calling and texting? Will it be refusal of visitation? Will it be back to court?

Or will it be, dare I say, nothing? Will I be pleasantly surprised?


Only time will tell.

4 comments:

Life of a Stepmama said...

Oh I feel for you, that is never a good place to be in. It is so frusterating how her mood affects you and your family, I know it is hard but don't let it!! She only has the power you allow her to have.
Isn't it funny how we wish for the ex to be happy and find someone just so they can leave us alone but I am sure she like my BM only wishes the worst for us!
Keep us posted, hopefully it is nothing.
How did you find out it ended?

La Belle Mere said...

Hi EWO.

Just found your blog and I love it. I'm sorry to hear about the BM - I know what you mean - our BM found love about 6 months ago and its been absolute heaven!!! I'd hate it if that fell apart now and we had to go back to all her BS again!! Keep us up to date on it!

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh boy can I relate to this. Our kids BM remarried and divorced all within 2 years of her divorce to my husband and it was pure hell for all involved. Our lives are the same way...when BM is happy, all are happy, but when she is not, look out. I say all the time that I hate how her moods and things that go on in her life affect our lives so much even if they don't pertain to the kids. Ugh. Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised!!

D said...

Oh goodness - we deal with the same thing. The greatest and latest is that the last time BM broke up with her boyfriend, she told us not to tell the kids. THEN she made the guy still hang out all the time with the kids like they were still together. Quality.

Related Posts with Thumbnails