30 July 2009

Hollywood Does It Again

Just when we think we're making progress on the stepfamily front, this movie comes out. Don't be fooled, society, no matter how dreamy we may seem, all steps are hiding a dark side!

At least (and I do mean the very least), it's not The Stepmother, right?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well they've already battered stepmothers with "Cinderella" and "Stepmom." I think they must be running out of ideas.

Wouldn't it be nice if Hollywood actually considered the messages they send, rather than the profits they'll make?

Life of a Stepmama said...

Seriously what crap!!! Thank goodness it is not about stepmothers....we have had enough.

La Belle Mere said...

I have to admit, it is nice that it's a stepFATHER who's wicked this time. But why does it have to be STEP Anything?!!!! Seriously......

Peggy said...

I cringed when I saw the movie poster at the theater not too long ago...Hollywood sucks...

Anonymous said...

SO wrong. The other one that bothers me is "Orphan." Now kids are going to be scared of every unfortunate parentless child. Not cool.

IPG said...

Excuse me while I go vomit on my shoes. This really is a bit over the top....

I always joke that since I have to be the evil stepmother...I should at least get outstanding eyebrows. (I don't have them by the way).

LOL

Anonymous said...

What crap! With movies like this and that article on divorcees being damaged goods heading towards an early death, I'm starting to wonder what is going on with society's collective psyche right now? What is so threatening about step-parents and second families? As far as I know a step-mother has never started a war, committed mass genocide or wiped out an indigenous plant population. Yet these things are happening right now. Seriously, let's direct our attention to the real culprits.

JennyMac said...

I remember the original came out when I was in junior high or high school. Terry O'Quinn plays John Locke on Lost starred in it. These movies are creepy. I was terrified at the time AND I watched it with my StepDad but he was cooler than cool so I wasnt terrified of him. LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails